In homage to the genre of Blog, the end of this first stage of Southern migrations probably calls for a Reflection. But I Reflected enough over the past few months to last me through at least a few weeks of not writing a single word, so I provide musings to you in the form of a pared-down selection of what I wrote:
1. Mari, on a wise woman and traveling back to Argentina six years after my first visit.
3. On Language, in which I vent about feeling like a baby and hanging out with babies.
4. On the Road: Resistencia to Buenos Aires to Punta del Este, on hanging out with fifteen Paraguayan farmers in northern Argentina and pretending to be Martha Gellhorn.
5. 20 Lines on Solitude, because damn, I really did keep my own company on a lot of this trip, especially on the coast of Uruguay (except for a brief unfortunate date with a surfer who turned out to be nineteen years old and a believer in UFOs (oops)).
6. On Sidewalks and Walls, on learning Buenos Aires.
7. Dining With Welders, an experience that reminded me that travel is often absurd.
8. Maps, on Patagonia's pull and the Fenton family, who magnified that pull for me.
10. CrAzY dAYz in BA pt. II, on playing writer for a few weeks.
11. Two Buenos Aires Stories, because that city spun itself strong and pulled me in for a little while.
12. Rio, on how bar-hopping may be one of the best ways to digest that complicated city.
13. Sunbathing, on America (of the 'Murica variety), from Mexico.